A walk-in bathtub comes with a watertight door and allows the bather to walk into the bathtub for safety. This bathtub is highly efficient for the elderly or people with mobility issues. The bather opens the door and enters the bathtub.
There are many different models of walk-in bathtubs available on the market that people can get according to specific needs and requirements. You can even get one that allows easy transfer from the wheelchair to the bathtub.
If you want to install walk-in tubs, call us now for bathroom remodeling in Brooklyn, NYC.
This post will highlight all the pros and cons of walk-in tubs.
Walk-In Tubs: Pros
The walk-in tub offers many benefits to the bather; here are some of them:
- Offers Deeper Water Depth: walk-in tubs are deeper than traditional tub You can get nearly four ft. of water depth with a walk-in tub. It offers a wonderful bathing experience and relaxes the whole body. You can also get a walk-in tub with hydro jets to relax your muscles.
- Provides Good Safety: Walk-in tubs are excellent for older people. They are specifically designed for them and people with mobility issues. They offer many features that reduce slip and fall incidents among older people. Apart from it, they also prevent hot water burns.
- All-In-One Bathtub: With a walk-in tub, you don’t have to get a separate tub seat, anti-scald valves, non-slip flooring, or add-on handrails. This reduces the need to construct additional features costing hundreds and thousands of dollars.
Walk-In Tubs: Cons
While walk-in tubs are beneficial, here are some cons of it that you must be aware of:
- Takes Time to Fill and Drain: Since a walk-in tub is deeper than a traditional bathtub, it takes a lot of time to fill and drain. You can add or drain the water while the door is open, so you have to wait within the tub. With a traditional tub, you can leave the water to fill or drain without sitting in the tub for long.
- Temperature Issue: If you’re taking a hot bath, you can’t test the water temperature with your hands and expose your body to it. You will be exposed to it from the start as you must be in the bathtub before filling it. It increases the chances of burns, but it’s nothing that can’t be solved with a temperature control feature.
- High Installation Cost: The walk-in tub can cost between $1,000-$5,000. If you’re adding other features, it can also cost more than $10,000. In short, not everyone can afford to have one.
Get Walk-In Tub in Brooklyn, NYC
Reglazing Plus is a well-known renovation, remodeling, and refinishing company in Brooklyn, NYC. Call us now for bathtub refinishing, bathtub renovation, bathtub reglazing, and other services in Brooklyn, NYC.
We use high-end technology and ensure excellent results. Contact us now to get more details!