You’re now the owner of a sleek and pristine bathtub. The ugly one you were used to is safely buried underneath shiny paint. However, after the finish completely set in, you’re confronted with a question: how do you clean a reglazed bathtub? The shortest answer is: clean it frequently with mild cleansers.
But that answer won’t do you any good if you don’t know what cleaning techniques to avoid and what products to use.
Remember, The Coating Isn’t As Tough As You Think It Is
Whether you called in a professional to reglaze your bathtub or did the job yourself, you’ll hear this piece of advice often: use mild cleansers along with a soft cloth/sponge.
Our advice is to stick to non-abrasive chemicals that won’t be too hard on the paint job or scrape off your bathtub after consistent use.
However, the problem with non-abrasive cleaners is that you need to clean your bathtub frequently. Non-abrasive chemicals won’t prevent the soap residues of hard water from building up; hence, you need to wash them away regularly.
Cleaning A Reglazed Bathtub: A Guide
You can’t possibly call in a professional every time you need to clean your bathtub. Knowing how to do an excellent job yourself will save you money and make your bathtub’s finish last longer. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Rinse the tub:The first step is to rinse the rub with warm water to get rid of excessive soap residue and hair.
- Apply the cleaner:Apply a non-abrasive cleaner of your choice generously. The cleaner must be given time to work on the bathtub’s surface; hence, you shouldn’t just spray or spread it around. Instead, pour the cleaner all around the bathtub and let it sit for five minutes. It will cut through the built-up soap and oil residue and disinfect the surface.
- Scrub without abrasives:You should only scrub the tub’s surface with a microfiber cloth or a cellulose sponge.
- Rinse once more:The next step is to rinse the bathtub, leaving no residue. Even if its non-abrasive, the cleaner can destroy the bathtub’s finish if its left to dry on it.
- Dry the tub:To restore the shine, wipe the tub dry by using a soft towel to remove the leftover water droplets.
If you’re looking for professional bathroom services, you can get in touch with our experts at Reglazing Plus Inc. We specialize in bathtub reglazing in NY to transform the appearance of your bathroom. Call us at (866) 399-8827 to book a service.